Friday, March 22, 2013

Pictures of Us


I haven't posted pictures for a little while, but I just discovered it's probably because we haven't been taking many pictures lately.  Weird.  I guess we'll try to do some more exciting things so we'll feel inspired to get the camera out more :).  Anyway, here's a little tiny update about nothing in particular.
This was one of my favorite Valentine's Day (15th Anniversary!) surprises--Jeff had his fraternity brothers serenade me Billy Joel's song, "For the Longest Time."  They sounded awesome, I enjoyed it so much!
Here's Shark's model of a cell and all of its innards.  He used candy as his medium (in jello--we put it in the freezer to make it stay solid until it got to school). 

Didi at Pizza Hut.  I love that my kids are still young enough to enjoy the kiddie place mats and crayons at the restaurants.  They're growing so big though!
Here's Goldie with her "Who hair" for Dr. Seuss Day at school.  We couldn't believe it when we were searching and saw  THIS picture of her twin with the same shirt online, so we had to copy her hair. 

I loved being a surprise volunteer Dr. Seuss reader in Tootie's kindergarten class!

Add caption

Lastly, I wanted to share with you Didi's exciting news:  She won a poetry contest!!  It was run through the public library here, and there were over a hundred entries.  She was one of 10 winners in her age group.  She will get to read her poem at a reception held in honor of the winners.  We're so proud of her for her ambitions and for developing her talents!

I LOVE TO READ, by Didi Lovell  (6th grade)

I love to read.
That's all there is to it.
It relaxes my life.
I just have to do it!

My escape rope,
is a book.
In a special corner,
my book nook.

Escaping to jungles,
or faraway lands.
Meeting dragons,
or the perfect man.

Reading is helpful,
in everyday life.
I relate to a book,
to avoid strife.

I read nonfiction.
Mystery too!
Fantasy is my favorite.
Tragedies are too blue.

Why shouldn't you read?
Because of dirty hands?
That's no reason not to,
considering all the magical lands!

So you should start reading.
Find a book nook.
You might love it like me!
Why don't you look?




2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, Didi's poem is beautiful! I love Goldie's who hair (that girl can work the camera ;), and Grasshopper had to do a cell model too. We used styrofoam and buttoms and rickrack and pins and stuff. Ours was tiny. I like Shark's larger version; I'll bet that it was way easier to work with.

And how cool is that that your hubby had you serenaded on your anniversary? Amazing!

Thanks for sharing all the fun things you've been up to!

xo -E

Lori Folkman said...

Fun pictures! I love the Who hair! And getting serenaded? You lucky girl!