Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Great to be Eight

We had Goldie's 8th birthday party the week before her baptism.  Last year she got to celebrate with a big "friends" party, so this year she got a small family party.  She had a fun day even with just us, though. 
I asked Goldie what kind of cake she wanted...the Piglet part was her choice, the rainbow part was my idea. Didi helped guide me this year with the design; she knows the rainbow order better than I do (though she informed me that I ended up making the rainbow upside down), and she was a great frosting color mixer.  She also helped me remember to put the (washed) money in the cake, continuing with my family tradition.




 I thought this "Tangled" poster was a fun gift to give her, and thought this photo turned out cute. It's as if the characters in the poster were standing right next to her/looking at her.   


After she thought all the presents had been opened, Dad brought her to "the big one" : ).



                          By the way, today was Goldie's first Fast Sunday since she turned 8.  Now as a full member of the church, we were so proud of her for choosing to fast one meal this morning with the rest of us, and she also was brave enough to bear her testimony in sacrament meeting.  What a brave girl!  Isn't it great to be eight?

4 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

So cute! I love how excited she looks about the new bike! Also, nice job on the cake decorating, I'm impressed.

Lindsay said...

Awww...wish we could have been there celebrating with you guys.

Lovell Family said...

What an awesome cake Jenna...And you've got such an amazing family!

Elizabeth said...

Eight is great! What a beautiful girl you have there. And oh my goodness! What a really amazing cake! You did a beautiful job!

xo -E