Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mom & Toot

 Here are some recent pics of Tootie 'n me.  I think about how my mom used to say how she treasured her time at home with my youngest brother, since he was her last baby at home while the big kids were at school, and they shared some good pre-school-ish times together.  They were buddies.  I think Tootie and I are that way, too.  It's just him 'n me a lot of the time.  We can be like two peas in a pod sometimes. 

I heard a quote the other day (can't remember where) that has stuck with me.  It said something like this:  "The joy of motherhood is found in moments."  I have those kinds of moments with this little guy all day long.  He really can make me laugh. 

Like when today he and Didi were talking in the car on our way home from his school.  He was talking about his upcoming birthday (which is actually about 6 months away).  Didi asked when his birthday is going to be, and he said "In six days."  She said, "your birthday is about every six days, isn't it."  "Yep," he replied, 'cause that's the way it is with him.  Half of the stuff he ever plays with, he "got it for his birthday" (in his dreams?).  No wonder he tells everyone he is sixteen--he has birthdays more often than the rest of us!


Tootie took this picture of me.

This was a "take a picture of me, Mom" moment : ).

He snuggled up next to me and then asked Dad to take a picture of us.  Awesome.

This may look worrisome, but never fear, nothing's wrong...he was just allowing the university's brain development lab researchers to chart his brain activity during some cartoons that he watched (they let him play with fun toys while they fitted him in the special "space hat"), and he didn't mind at all.  We were (paid) volunteer guinea pigs for their research project, which was pretty cool indeed.  This was the same project that involved our parenting classes and his "Brain Train" classes, that he really loved.  We gained some cool skills during this project!

I love that Tootie loves to do puzzles with me.  He can whip out 50-100 piece puzzles all on his own now, too!  Tootie is a bright, handsome, energetic, super-hero 3 1/2-year old, and I'm so grateful that he's mine.  I love ya, Toot!


6 comments:

Cynthia Lovell said...

LOVE the POST!!! Very Cute!!! He's a little DARLING!!!

Melanie said...

He is looking older. I'm impressed that he loves puzzles cuz they aren't easy to do. And I'm glad you are both enjoying the "Mom" time. Good memories that last forever.

Amy Lovell said...

I'm glad you're having fun with Tootie at home. I feel like my mom and I have an extra special bond since I'm her baby, too.

Beth said...

Maybe I'm a baby, but I think I got a little choked up when when I saw the picture that he wanted Daddy to take of the two of you. So sweet! What wonderful moments we are blessed with.

Elizabeth said...

What a handsome boy! I love that you've saved these memories. And thank you for sharing them. I can't believe how big he is, already!

xo -El

julz said...

How sweet! Love him!!