Sunday, April 10, 2011

Take Note


What a wonderful experience I had today.  These are some good friends of mine that I sing with, as a new choral ensemble; we've named ourselves "Take Note".  Isn't that a fun name?  Just one other person in this picture is LDS, and he joined the group just temporarily-- since today Take Note provided two special musical numbers for our sacrament meeting.  It was so cool to have my friends come to our service and share their talents and beautiful music with us!

I was especially excited to have them come this week, because it was our ward's "Invitation Sunday." That is, we were all encouraged to invite our friends to our special sacrament meeting...the talks were especially prepared for our invited friends who might not yet be familiar with our faith.  The talks were perfect, it was neat to see a cute young couple be confirmed members of the church (as their baptism was yesterday), and the music turned out beautiful--as nice or better than we had ever practiced it.  We sang a local friend's composition of "The Lord's Prayer", and also a piece I snagged from our ward choir music collection, a nice arrangement of "Jesus the Very Thought of Thee."  Beautiful music, that's why I sing.  I love it.

I'm just sorry my dear hubby Jazz had to miss the whole thing, as he's returning from the Reno Jazz Festival tonight after 5 days away from home. (Can we all sing together--"I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home"?!)

5 comments:

Angela said...

Very nice Jenna. I'm impressed that your friends were willing to sing in your sacrament meeting even though they may not be LDS. What a wonderful thing for your ward to do and have special talks prepared for everyone to bring their friends. Never heard of that before and it's a great idea.

Lindsay said...

Wow...that is awesome, Jenna! I wish I could have been there to hear it.

Melanie said...

Wonderful! What a great experience.

Beth said...

I'm sure you sounded amazing! Nice job. I'm sure not many people were able to invite so many friends!

Elizabeth said...

What a neat group! I'm so glad that your meeting was a success and that your performance went well. I love music too. Listening to the Mo Tab is one of my favorite things. Maybe someday you'll live in Utah so you can join and I can watch for you on TV. Love you, cute, talented, musical friend!

xo -El