Saturday, April 23, 2011

TEN

Didi turned 10! 

This is at her family party at home.  Mom did most of the pre-bday shopping, but Dad took her out on her bday for a special "pick out your favorite thing" shopping trip, and she chose two books.  This cute little patchwork dog was a special surprise for her, it was something she really wanted but wasn't expecting.  I was excited for her to open it.  Her reaction for the camera didn't disappoint : ). 
This year she got to have not just a family party, but a big "friends party" as well (our kids get them about every 4 years).  She chose "pink" as her theme, which was so easy to work with and lots of fun!  She was our original pink princess, after all.  Isn't she gorgeous!?  I love her confidence and her poise.  She's my beautiful big girl!




6 comments:

Bryan Elkins said...

What fun, to have so many friends and to do something fun with them. Sure love you, Didi. Glad you are ours.
Love, Grandpa Elkins

Cynthia Lovell said...

Very Cute post! "Didi" you're Beautiful!!! Looks like you had a Very Happy Birthday! Wish we could have been there with you, but we're glad you had so Many Friends!
Love the picture with everyone. It's Darling!!!

Elizabeth said...

What a great party! And I LOVE those pink cupcakes! Love! I can't believe how big Didi is already. Wow. What a beautiful girl! Thanks so much for sharing some of her special day with us!

xo -El

Amy Lovell said...

It looks like she had such a fun birthday. Nice job on putting all of that together, I can only imagine how much she loved it.

julz said...

How Pinkalicious!! I am so happy seeing these! I loved talking to her admist the fun, and now you made my day! Love you guys! And, I love the pink cupcakes!!

Luci said...

What great photos. I can't believe how big your kids are getting.