Friday, October 1, 2010

Back to School

Although I thought he might be sad, Tootie was great about seeing the big kids off for school on their first day.  It reminds me of a story of my youngest brother who one morning asked my mom, "Are they gone?  ...Yippee!"  But nevertheless, I was also happy to see his excitement the other day when he saw the bus roll in after school and he came to me shouting, "Mom!  My friends are here!  My friends are here!", meaning his older siblings of course. 

Here are "the big kids"!  Off to start the new school year in 1st, 4th, and 5th grades.  I don't know who was more excited--the kids, or their mom : ).  Hooray for school!

Shark is in his element now that football season has started again.  He prefers to play wide receiver, but I think he might be playing tight end right now.  This is his second year of tackle football.  I just think it's so cute to see these young boys in their full uniform like this. 

"Before" Goldie's golden locks were trimmed.

Goldie's new look--just in time for the new school year.

Tootie is now in preschool, and everyone is happy about that!  Especially him.  He LOVES all of the structured activities and of course all of the supervised playtime in a child-safe environment (no computers or other electronic equipment around for him to explore and destroy--thank goodness!).  He's pretty young for a 4-day a week class, but he's probably at the top of his class activity-level wise.   

Didi had success in growing this lemon cucumber plant this summer in our small garden plot, despite the non-green thumb-ness of her mother.  

We had a great summer, but we're sooooo glad that school is back in session!

3 comments:

Lovell Family said...

what great pictures....with all the kids in school you're one lucky mama!

Cynthia Lovell said...

Great Post!!! I was just checking and was happy to see something new. LOVE those CUTE kids!!!!

Elizabeth said...

What cute, cute kids! And yay for Didi and her cucumber!

xo -El