Thursday, February 11, 2010


This Valentine's Day we celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. How time flies! I think a good theme for my anniversary post would be listing 12 of my favorite memories of us together as a couple. Man, it will be hard for me to limit it to just 12...

#12: Jazz taking his own initiative to come over to my house and ask me out on our first date. I had only known him for about 2 days, though he had seen me around the music building on campus for about a month before he made his move.

#11: Moving from house to house (apartment to apartment) from one state to another, several times. In our 12 years of marriage, we've lived together in Utah (in I think 4 different apartments), New Jersey, Utah again, California, and now Oregon. We've been in Oregon 3 1/2 years, the longest we've ever lived in one place.


#10: Having each of our 4 beautiful children together. My favorite day was always delivery day, but EVERY day is a crazy adventure with these 4 blessings from heaven. We have the greatest family in the whole world.

#9: Our honeymoon! We didn't travel far, just an hour away, and it was in the middle of the semester, but it was a beautiful place and a wonderful time.

#8: Jazz's graduation ceremonies for his master's degree. I loved that day. I can't wait until the even greater day of graduation from school forever (with his doctorate), and then celebrating afterward with our family's trip to Disneyland. I mean, it is really going to happen, isn't it?

#7: Friday night pseudo-date-nights. We put the kids to bed, push our love seat and couch together, and watch a movie together all snuggled up. I often fall asleep on his shoulder half-way through the movie, but that's half the fun of being snuggled up.

#6: "Dad makes dinner on Sundays" days. I sure love him for giving me that time off from the kitchen! And, he's great at helping me fold the laundry, and he's always helping pick up the clutter, and he often helps the kids get the house super clean while I'm away at my Saturday morning stamp camps. He's a super home-making helper. He's the best.

#5: Shopping together at Borders bookstores. We love CDs and books and movies, and love to browse and pretend like we're going to buy a bunch of stuff, but then we usually put it all back.

#4: Going to church every week and the temple together whenever we can. I am so grateful that I married a man who is righteous and always striving to do his best. He is a good example for me. He is a great leader for our family.

#3: Playing Scrabble together every 4th of July. We always argue about who won the previous year. We both know I usually win though (don't tell him I said that, though). ; )

#2: Our first kiss. No, it wasn't on our first date. I think it was the day after : ).

#1: Seeing him come home from school/work every day. I love his face! He's for sure one person that just gets more handsome every single day. I love his presence in our home, and I love his hugs and kisses every morning when he leaves, and every time he arrives back at home. I love to be together with my sweetheart.

When Jazz and I got married we had known each other for only 3 months. We both felt a spiritual confirmation that this marriage was meant to be, and time has proven that fact. He is the perfect man for me.

3 comments:

Cynthia Lovell said...

I LOVE it!!! Very nice tribute!!! I guess I'm in complete agreement with you! We're also GLAD he picked you Jenna!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

That was really sweet Jenna. You have such a great family! Anna was asking me today if she could see her cousins. Hopefully soon!

Lindsay said...

That is really neat. I still can't believe you only knew each other 3 months!! So awesome.