Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Wife --by Jazz

This is part 2 of our 12-year anniversary postings. This part is by Jazz. It's a little mushy, so if you don't like that kind of stuff, you may wish to just skip to another post : ).
----------
MY WIFE
Top 12 Great Things (to go with 12 great years) in my life with/because of Jenna
-In no particular order-

12- Great romance. [this item was modified and simplified by Jenna to make it more blog-friendly].

11- Four beautiful children. They really are beautiful. I don't just say that because I have to, but they are pleasing to look at and I have my beautiful wife to thank for that. I certainly had little to do with it. I couldn't be more pleased with the people they are becoming.

10- Companionship. I love having someone to go home to everyday-someone that loves me and is interested in my well being. Jenna is always eager to help me be the best husband, father, student I can be. Also, her willingness to travel all over the country while I attempt to figure my life out makes me so grateful for her.

9- Productivity. As a result of her companionship, I get more done than I ever did before, because I wish to protect and take care of her.

8- A laughing partner/Friday nights. We don't always see eye to eye on humor, since I tend to favor crude humor, but I enjoy the fact that there are things we both get a kick out of when it comes to TV shows: King of Queens, The Office, Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, just to name a few. I so look forward to spending Friday nights relaxing on the couch watching a movie or a favorite TV show.

7- Humility. The thought that she loves me despite my imperfections and challenges.

6- Frugality. Not too many women these days would have had the patience required to endure the many years of schooling coupled with the meager lifestyle that goes with it as Jenny has done. We have not incurred much consumer debt on Jenna's watch.

5-Clean clothes, paid bills, groceries bought. Jenna's home management skillz rock! Her willingness to do the regular tasks at home has made it so much easier for me to concentrate on schooling and work. I can't recall the last bill I paid it's been so long ago.

4- Rolls and no bake cookies. This may seem silly, but I love that Jenna is willing to indulge me in some of my childhood favorite eats. She learned how to make my mom's classic Thanksgiving rolls so we could carry on the tradition in our own home. She also learned how to make no-bakes the way mom makes them despite her aversion to cooking in general.

3- Music-making. We have been a pretty good team over the years, despite my shortcomings as an accompanist. Jenna has always been fairly patient with me even though I struggle with some of her music. I enjoy that we have been able to share her talents in all the states where we've lived. On occasion we have also shared similar tastes in music, and it is fun to enjoy and appreciate music together.

2- A captive audience. Jenna is always willing to listen to my ideas or musings on things, even though she may not know what the heck I'm talking about. She proofs my papers and has a much better understanding of basic concepts relating to math, grammar, etc. I appreciate the travel time in the car when I can use her as a captive audience to bounce ideas off of and in general think out loud.

1- Eternity. That I get to spend the rest of time with my one and only Valentine.

Jenna, I love you.

Jazz

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow. That was great! I loved reading both sides of your story. Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia Lovell said...

I agree!!! That was GREAT!!! You two make a magnificent couple!!! Great Job, Great Kids, Great Life!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

Wow...Jeff. I didn't know that you were such a romantic. That was really sweet!