Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Questions

I started a new tradition with the kids recently when I
acquired a new blank journal. I have started doing interview questions with them on Sundays, and I record the conversations (mostly in question/answer form) in the journal. I thought you might like reading some of our entries. Tonight's questions were about me, Mom.

1) What is something your mom always says to you?
"Good job." (Shark), "I love you" (Didi), and "To always do your chores" (Goldie).

2) What makes your mom happy?
"Me cleaning my room without whining" (Shark), "A clean house" (Didi), "Saying nice things to her, and always doing our chores" (Goldie).

3) Where does your mom spend most of her money?
"On us kids" (Shark), "At the grocery store" (Didi), "Tithing" (Goldie).

4) How tall is your mom? [actual height: 5' 5"]
"Five foot nine or Five foot six" (Shark), "Um, really tall" (Didi), "About 15 feet" (Goldie).

5) If your mom was a cartoon character, who would she be?"
"Some smurf person" (Shark), "Ariel" (Didi), "Spongebob" (Goldie).

6) What is something your mom does that you wish she would do more often?
"Buy more video games for me" (Shark), "Hugs & kisses" (Didi), "Play games and paint with me, all the time" (Goldie).

7) What makes you proud of your mom?
"Her just plain loving us" (Shark), "She makes really good cards, and cleans the kitchen really well" (Didi), "Playing playdough with me when I had a blister on my finger" (Goldie).

8) What did your mom learn about in college?
"I have no clue" (Shark), "racquetball" (Didi), "writing and coloring and keeping the peace...and lots of good stuff" (Goldie).

bonus questions, from a previous week...

1) If I gave you 50 cents, what would you buy?
Shark: "First I would do tithing. And I don't know how much it costs, but if it's 50 cents, I'd get Bertie Botts' Every Flavor Beans".
Didi: "Something really cool. Some bubble gum, or a squishy, spikey toy."
Goldie: "Um, pay 50-hundred dollars back...[giggles...but seriously...] "a ballerina toy".

2) If I gave you $500, what would you buy?
Shark: "First, a Gameboy D.S., and a car. Maybe a Z06 corvette".
Didi: "Some yummy food, or some nice toys at the store. Maybe a Snoopie, or Webkinz."
Goldie: "A fancy pair of shoes, a fancy dress, and a snow globe".

3) If I gave you all the money in the world, what would you do?
Shark: "First, I'd pay tithing. Second, I'd buy 100 mansions, a ferari, 400 bookstores, and libraries. And the rest, I'd give to poor people."
Didi: "Share it with my family and some of my friends, so we could buy things we need."
Goldie: "I would get a pink jewel that's shaped like a pink ectagon." [that's right, ectagon, not octagon. She was sure about the shape] : )

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Those are cute! I miss you guys and miss seeing the kids grow up!

Lovell Family said...

alright....time for an update!

Lovell Family said...

Thanks for the beautiful mother's day card! You're always so thoughtful! I hope your day was great....now post some pictures of your kids!

Natalie said...

Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your blog. Your family is so cute and I can't wait to get to know you better. I also have a blog, I don't know if you got that info from Ellis yet. If not it is elkins-family.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

You kids say the cutest things! That brought a smile to my face. What fun memories to keep!