Sunday, February 14, 2010

Newsweek


This week has been full of memorable events for us.

My grandpa, passed away at about noon yesterday -- 13 Feb 2010. He made it to 90 and passed very quietly. His youngest son was with him when he passed away. He was a wonderful part of our lives, and a funny and fun grandpa. We miss him. I am so happy that he is with his sweetheart again.

My brother and his wife became parents on Tuesday this week. Their little son entered the world weighing 8 lbs 7 oz, and is very healthy and VERY cute. He really is adorable and perfect and we are so excited for them! I can't wait to meet him. They are all doing great! The birth mother signs the final papers this Wednesday. She said that she loves the baby, but she always felt like it belonged with my brother and his wife. I feel so blessed to have been able to witness the miracle of him coming to their family. I love hearing my brother say "my son...who will become a great baseball player..." etc. : )

My other brother and his wife were also due to have a baby earlier this week, so we are waiting anxiously for their news. This will be their 5th baby, and it is a girl, so they will have 4 girls and 1 boy : ). I hope it is born today so they can name her Valentine! (Just kidding about the name)

Today is our anniversary--12 amazing and wonderful years! We had a fun date last night, experiencing a Thai restaurant for our first time. Not sure if we're sold on Thai food, but it was yummy for the most part. Jazz gave me roses (12!) before the date, and he wore one of the new Old Navy sweaters that I got for him. He's not silly like I am about this kind of thing, but with his clean shaven face (which I usually only get to see once--maybe twice--a week) and his new haircut, and his new sweater, I thought he was such a beautiful man sitting across the table from me...I loved to stare at him : ). I'm such a lucky wife. We went to the Sees Candy store for dessert, but were sad to find them closed, so we got some chocolate at a different store in the mall. Not quite Sees, but better than going dessert-less. We rented "The Invention of Lying", which I
think Jazz enjoyed...I still look forward to watching it, since I unfortunately fell asleep about 15 minutes into the movie. Not our most exciting date ever, but it was a celebration nonetheless, and we're just grateful that we were able to find a babysitter since the whole world of couples seems to like to celebrate our anniversary on the same weekend as us. Go figure ; ).

No comments: