Monday, March 16, 2009

Made me smile...





Here are 4 cute things that my kids have done lately.
They aren't necessarily "ha ha" funny, but they're things
that have made me smile.










TOOTIE: doesn't eat baby food anymore, but likes very few foods. He won't eat a lot of
things that I thought most toddlers would like: no macaroni or any kind of noodles
(too squishy--and it's fun to watch him squish them with his pointer finger in disapproval),
no Cheerios, no cheddar cheese... I think it's funny though some of the things that that
he does love to eat: bran flakes (plain, dry), and his favorite seems to be whole green
beans. Only if they're fresh or frozen though (and cooked), no canned beans for him
(too squishy). He doesn't like cooked peas (what kids do?), because they squish.
Today though I discovered how to get him to eat peas--if I give them to him frozen,
straight from the freezer, they crunch, and he loved them! He kept coming back for more.
Hooray for eating more vegetables!















  GOLDIE frequently asks if the things she sees on TV and hears about in stories are real
(dinosaurs, vampires, monsters, cartoon characters, etc.). The other day she asked if the
actors in Ghost Whisperer were real people. I said "yes, those are real people". Goldie
demonstrated her understanding when she explained to the rest of us, "Heavenly Father
saw these people in the show and he thought they looked really good, so he decided to
make some real people who looked just like these guys". Huh? In other words, Heavenly
Father must watch TV, because when he sees actors that he likes the looks of, he'll decide
he should make some real people to be in the world that look just like those in the show.
Oh, so that's where He gets his ideas from!












DIDI: Yesterday she w
as told that when she turns 8, she'll be challenged in her Activity
Days group to start memorizing the Articles of Faith. She came home and memorized articles
1-4 that afternoon! Great job! And onemore thing...DIDI has turned out to be quite the hopeless
romantic, just like her mom. She gets giddy whenever Edward Cullen's name comes up anywhere
(even though she doesn't know anything about him except that I get excited about the books
and the movie), and she loves to watch kissing scenes in movies, just like her mom. I didn't
realize that would be one set of footsteps I'd be leaving for my girls to follow...oh well!















SHARK: In a primary meeting yesterday the question was posed by a bishopric member,
"why do we get baptized?" Other kids gave answers such as, "because it's a commandment",
"so our sins can get washed away", etc. "Anything else?" they asked...SHARK raised his hand
and offered the following additional insight: "So our transgressions can dissipate". The other
bishopric member grinned and commented, "you're blowing me away, Shark. 'Dissipate'?
I'm going to have to get my dictionary out!" I laughed and laughed.



10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well, well, well...Welcome to the blogger world! It's so nice to see you hear!

Beth said...

Yes, welcome to blog world! good to see you! Those were cute stories. It's fun to get the know the kids more! Dissipate, huh?! Do you guys use that one a lot around the house, or what? How funny!

Lainie said...

You're gonna love blogging. Now, if we can just find some really great software to turn these blogs into printed journals - THAT would rock my world!!! Missing you guys. Make sure you let us know when you're available to come up and visit! OH - and congrats on all the singing opps. I miss it soooooooooo much!

Russell & Jammie said...

I am glad you have joined the blogging world. I miss you guys! What cute pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Lovell Family said...

yeah! You made it! I loook forward to keeping up to date this way!

Melanie said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Your stories about the kids are great. Congrats on all of the singing. Sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! we miss you guys! Hopefully you'll be able to make a trip down to CA this summer, we'll meet you at grandma's!

Cynthia Lovell said...

I'm glad you're blogging as well!!! I LOVED your stories & laughed and laughed about Clark!!!

Mandy said...

Your kids are growing up so fast! It's fun to be able to read about you guys and see how things are going. I miss those days when you lived so close, Jenna!

Elizabeth said...

What neat things to remember about your kids! Thanks for sharing.