Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Boise Trip Highlights

I was more than excited to finally get to meet my newest Elkins-family niece!  I was glad to catch some holding time before she hit 1 year old, though I would have loved to have met her sooner.  She was so great--she was friendly to me the moment I walked into her home!  I fell in love with her immediately (oh wait, I was already in love with her, just from seeing her photos the past year).  I hope to hold her again soon!  She has the sweetest personality.

Both my niece and nephew here were so much fun to be around.  I love how everyone in our family keeps ending up with the greatest kids in the world : ).



I got to spend a fun afternoon with these two nieces, just the three of us.  They have great personalities too!  I love feeling like I'm "buddies" with them, even though we don't get to see each other often.

Here we are enjoying the guys' softball game...I was so glad to finally get to attend one of these fun games that I always heard about.  Our team is made up almost exclusively of my brothers, cousins, and uncles.  So it was really fun to cheer for them!  (I'm not sure why, but I often felt like I was the only one screaming and shouting for the team...but as an outsider, I guess I just don't know how things are done there...)

My beautiful sisters-in-law and those 2 great kids again...what I wouldn't give to get to hang out with them all the time!!!

Some of the team and some of the fans--all members of my family : ).  I was so glad that even Grandma was able to be there for a quick visit!

The guy on the right is the only non-family member, though he is a friend of the family, and is currently helping my parents to relocate from Nevada to Boise!  (Lucky them!)


I just love this picture.  And...you gotta love their pants.

3 amigos



Staying with my brother Clark's family was a FABULOUS time for me.  I would love to do it every year!


See what I mean?  Buddies. : )




On my way home, I lucked out with a 2 1/2 hour layover in Salt Lake City, so I got to see the rest of my siblings there!!  We had a fun visit.  I think one of the highlights was introducing Bryan to Kid History.  He was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes.  I loved seeing Angela's little baby bump, and Ellis was cool to bring some of his awesome sketchbooks to share with me (he's a talented artist).  But best of all, I loved the HUGS.

I didn't get to see all of the little Utah nephews (I don't have any Utah nieces yet on my side of the family), but it was exciting to see this guy, my oldest Utah nephew!  He had a fancy moonwalk and MJ impression to show off (this is the Thriller pose).  Cute boy!

I LOVED my trip!  I was happy to come home when it was time though.  As much as I love everyone in these pictures, I love the family in my own home even more.  Thank heavens for breaks, but I belong with these guys over here in PA ; ).


8 comments:

Melanie said...

I really enjoyed your picture tour. Everyone looks so happy in these pictures. Glad you got to see all of these great people.

Bryan Elkins said...

Both Mom and I wish we could have been there with you, but with two houses in the works at the same time and packing up to move, there just wasn't enough time. Thank you for including us through your blog, it was great.

drclarkelkins said...

That was fun to see! I especially like the picture of Russ and me walking away. I hadn't seen that one before.

Beth said...

Fun pictures! It must be something about you that makes Jocelyn smile so much. She won't smile for me in pictures very much! I loved hanging out with you. It was a great visit!

Mary said...

What great pictures! Wow Beth and Jammie's kids look so much older than my mental pictures of them! I'm glad you had a fun visit. Great post!

Amy Lovell said...

Aw, is there anything better than spending time with family? Nope!

Didi said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures!
Looks like you had lots of fun!
I would love to have been there.

Shark said...

Mom you do not know how much i envy you