Thursday, July 21, 2011

We Did It! My First Race

WE DID IT!  This is us at the finish line of the Butte to Butte race (pronounced "Byoot").  Shark and Didi were able to walk the race accompanied by a favorite babysitter, and I was able to run the race the whole way--my very first time running a race!  I was so proud of completing this challenge, as it was something I never thought I could do (running is hard!).  This was on the 4th of July, and it was a fabulous way to start off our holiday, with our community. 

These friends helped motivate us and inspire us to take on the challenge of the race.  What a great experience for us all--if you've never done a race, I highly recommend it!  Just look at our happy faces :D!

Jazz and Didi by the river that runs through our town. 

This one is just for fun.  One of the great things about packing up a house for moving is finding Halloween costumes and other such hidden items that had been tucked away--things that you didn't remember you were missing.  Tootie had fun scaring the whole neighborhood with his mask and tutu--I thought it was hilarious.



2 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

Nice job on your first race. How long was it, and what was your time? These are important things to document. :) I love running in races, it makes you feel so accomplished.

Anonymous said...

Work it girl!! :) I'm going to continue checking here obsessively until I see some Pen picks!! Miss you guys!