Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Of Lovells and Lions







"the twins"   : )
We got to spend the day with our friends Kendall and Lainie and kids, so that made it extra fun.








Since the lighting of the big bear picture wasn't working out, I just zoomed in on Goldie, and I just love how the closeup of her turned out. 
We finally made it to the Portland zoo on a good day (our last trip got rained out).  With the weather being so perfect we were optimistic-- our main goal was for Shark to get to see the lions.  Technically we met our goal, but only barely.  Shark was the only member of our family that managed to see any lions at all--he spied one lioness for about 3 minutes before she disappeared and took a cat nap in hiding.  The rest of us never saw any.  Oh well!  I thought it was fun to take all the pseudo-lion pics that I could instead.

4 comments:

julz said...

How fun! I love the zoo! I can't believe how long D's hair is! Can't wait to see you next week!

Amy Lovell said...

I love the Portland zoo, my grandpa actually built a lot of it, crazy!

Elizabeth said...

Awesome post title! Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big Tootie is! I wonder if Grasshopper is as tall as Shark; he's gone through a huge growth spurt the last year, but Shark looks pretty tall.

Loved all the lion photos! So glad you had a nice day.

xo -E

Cynthia Lovell said...

LOVE the post!!! The kids are so CUTE!!! It was really nice to be able to see you guys one more time in Eugene. We are really ENJOYING Shark & Deedee!!!