Saturday, September 3, 2011

Our New Home, Sweet Home.

I may have posted this picture already, but I wanted to remind you of the fun play structures in our back yard, that belong to the elementary school--and tell you the bad news:  After talking with the principal, I have learned that Tootie and I are not allowed on the playground during school hours.   Not when the school kids are at recess, not when they are NOT at recess, not ever, during school hours.  It's pretty much one of the biggest bummers in the whole world.  Tootie has been pretty good about not crossing the line, but I think this proximity (and our using or just our being present on our own grass during recess time) might be causing a little bit of tension between the recess duty teachers (including Goldie's teacher) and me.  "Tootie, don't go over there, you're going to get me in trouble," I say : (.  I hope the tension dissipates and that it won't be a problem for the next 9 months.  Craziness.


The front of our home.  We think we have wonderful neighbors! 

Here is our pretty dining room. 

View from the kitchen into the dining room, and behind Jazz is our back door to our yard and the school.

Our family room...I'm super thankful for the carpet rug that we were able to add to this floor (it came with the house).  I'm not a big fan of hard wood floors in rooms that really should have carpet (bedrooms, living room...).  I'm also grateful that our floors are actually "faux" hard wood, and not the real thing--I think the real ones are too fragile.  Faux floors are good enough for me : )!

View from the family room to the dining room

Front door and stairs up to the bedrooms.  The stairs down to the basement are also on this side of the house (if you had Superman's x-ray vision you could see them through this wall).  I love our basement, and our bedrooms are the right size for us. 
We aren't done hanging up pictures, or even unpacking boxes for that matter, but this place definitely feels like home, and we love it.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I love seeing your new home. Glad you have more room too. Looks like a great place to live.

Cynthia Lovell said...

Very Nice! Sorry about "Tootie" as that's going to be hard! I understand, but if they're that strict they should put up a fence. I Love how you have so much more Room in your house. Very Cute! For some reason it looks very familiar to me.......

Bryan Elkins said...

I am so happy for the greater room for your family after four years plus. It looks like a very pleasant home. Glad you can make it so.

Lindsay said...

What a stinker of a principle. I mean...what harm are you going to really be causing if you are playing on the equipment while kids are in class. I mean, they wll be getting their money's worth ya know? Your house is really cute. Can't wait to see it in person

Lovell Family said...

Jenna...i totally agree with cynthia...you don't want my kid stepping on your grass? Put a fence up! We have a fence around our school...but the rule is the same, can't use equipment during school hours. And you drive D
to the bus stop right? That'd be a long morning walk.

Elizabeth said...

Yay for your new home! Lots of changes, but I'm sure you're all set by now.

xo -E