Saturday, September 3, 2011

First Day of School

Our kids are going to be in 4 different school this year.  (Tootie's pre-school still doesn't start for one more week.)  And not only that, but they all leave the house at quite different times: 6:45 a.m., 8:00 a.m., 8:45 a.m., and 9:15 a.m.  And Dad leaves the house at 6:45 a.m., so if I want to work out in the morning, I get up at 5:25 so I can be done before he leaves.  That's a hefty morning schedule, if you ask me!

Shark, ready for 6th grade. And, ready for Mom not to be as present as before.  I was the only parent at the bus stop, just long enough to give him a hug, take a picture, and then step back before I really embarrassed him (ha ha).  Only one other parent was kind of there, watching from her car parked discreetly 200 yards away.  Wow.  I can't believe how grown up he is.

Shark waiting for the bus (notice the lack of parents).


Look at all the fancy new clothes!  It's so much fun to get dressed up for all the excitement of the first day.  Jazz's official first day of Teaching was Tuesday, the day after our kids started, though he'd been working on campus for a couple of weeks already.

Waiting for our second bus of the day, Didi's bus, as she's off to 5th grade.  This bus stop is about a 3-4 minute walk from our house, so there will be no more "the bus is here!" announcements from within the house like we used to have ;).

Here's Goldie, ready for 2nd grade! 

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Love the school pictures. Brings back good memories.

Jennifer Lovell said...

CYNTHIA LOVELL said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!!! They ALL look so HAPPY and CUTUE CUTE CUTE!!!!! Shark's quite the "heart throbber"! Didi and Goldie are real BEAUTIES!!!
Tootie is Darling!!! LOVE IT!

Bryan Elkins said...

Except for Charleston, South Carolina our kids usually rode school buses (they had actually been invented when I went to elementary school, but I never got to ride them -- 1948). Your kids are really cute (and one is handsome).

Lindsay said...

Oh...your kids are so grown up and cute!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That is quite a morning routine! I loved seeing a peek of your neighborhood! Your kids are so cute!

I'm glad that I'm not embarrassing to Grasshopper yet. He still doesn't mind having his mom around. What handsome, grown-up boys we have, don't you think?

xo -E