Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Life Rocks

I feel like all posts need a photo, so I thought I'd put on this great one of my great sister-in-law and me that was taken at our family reunion last month.   It doesn't have too much to do with this post except for the fact that I was really happy when this picture was taken, and I'm feeling really happy right now, and I wanted to post some reasons why.  Get ready for a new list, 'cause here it comes.

*I love my husband.  Does anyone else in the world feel that way as much as I do?  I don't know, but if they do, they sure are a lucky, blessed person.  I couldn't be more grateful.

* I love my kids.  They drive me crazy most days!! But in the moments when I'm not feeling crazy, I KNOW that I have the world's best kids.  They really are amazing, and awesome.  Good, and smart, and cute, and wonderful.  I love them so much.

* I love our apartment.  It is tiny and cramped, and we hardly have enough room to house guests ever, but it is a very nice place to live.  And, it's in a beautiful, quirky city, where a lot of good people live.  It was culture shock for me when we first came, but now it's a part of me.  I feel a little more well-rounded after our almost 5 years here.  I'm not ashamed to hug trees a little more often now than I did before!

* I feel like I get to do almost everything I want, all the time.  I like working for my family as a stay-at-home mom.  I get to exercise 6 days a week.  I get to use the computer for checking blogs, facebook, and email, a bajillion times a day (and I'm trying to figure out how to limit myself on that, without cold-turkey quitting on those habits).  I get to watch TV shows and movies almost whenever I want (that is, usually when I'm cleaning, or reposing after the kids are in bed; otherwise, the TV is off.  I'll take the quiet whenever I can get it).  I am currently reading 2 books that I really like (they may both take me weeks yet to finish, but I'm having fun with them).  I even get to take a nap when I really really need one, like yesterday, when I had an awesome nap for an hour and a half, right before the kids got home from school.  OK, I don't really get to stamp as often as I'd like to, but when I NEED to stamp, I do.  And I love it.  Do I sound spoiled, or what?      (...Wow, I almost made it sound like I hardly do any work.  Rest assured that that is not the case.)

* I like my calling in the church.  I am the Compassionate Service Leader.  I get to feel like I'm doing important service when it's needed, and I don't feel the stress of preparing weekly lessons.  I'm grateful for this calling.  The harder callings will come back around to me later, I'm sure, so for now, I'm glad I have this one.

 * I have really fun friends.  People that make me laugh.  People that care about me.  People that play sports with me.  People that I look up to.  People that amaze me.  Good people that do good in the world and add beauty to my world.  I love my friends.

I am blessed, and I feel rich.  I love feeling rich--it's something I always wanted to be.  I've learned that "rich" is a feeling, not a way to be, and I feel it.  Hooray!

5 comments:

Cynthia Lovell said...

LOVE the post!!! It really made me HAPPY!!! You're right about having GREAT kids--Beautiful, charming, darling, FUN kids and a GREAT Husband!!!! I LOVE Happy Posts!!!

Melanie said...

Who could ask for anything more? I'm glad you are so happy with your family and your life. It makes me happy too.

julz said...

Oh Jenna, you're the greatest! We love you, and you're family!

Elizabeth said...

Jenna-Banana,

That is one really great list. Counting your blessings makes you aware of just how rich you are in life. Thanks for sharing so many good things. I really enjoyed this post.

xo -E

Lovell Family said...

what a great post jenna...thanks for reminding me to be grateful for the life that I have. Seemingly small things really are such wonderful blessings!