Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Superman

This picture is a little blurry, it was taken by one of the kids (first time using a camera, I think).  But it's just a cute little representation of our other April birthday that we got to celebrate a couple weeks ago--Jazz' 36th. We enjoyed a nice lunch together while all the kids were at school, and opened gifts at home after dinner.  Jazz had fun receiving birthday wishes all day from friends and family, especially on facebook where he made some pretty funny jokes about people NOT wishing him a happy birthday (the nerve... ha ha). 

Here are 36 things to describe Jazz, things he loves, things he does, or things we love about him, in honor of his 36th birthday:

1. JAZZY
2. loves Smallville
3. Superman everything
4. has great hair, even if some of it is gray
5. cold cereal makes a great bedtime snack
6. hazel eyes
7. needs sunshine
8. soon to be Doctor Lovell!
9. guru of Stevie Wonder's music
10. makes jokes to help people stop being mad
11. gives great hugs (not to mention kisses)
12. wears size 11.5 shoes
13. got his first set of contacts this past year
14. NY Jets die hard fan
15. favorite movies include Lord of the Rings trilogy (as well as many superhero movies)
16. foreign language experience includes Italian, German, and Hebrew
17. not a big fan of the reality TV shows his wife watches
18. left-handed
19. loves to collect music and books
20. not a fan of rainy gray winters
21. doesn't like cats
22. does a pretty good James Stuart impression ("Merry Christmas Mr. Potter!")
23. reads stories to the kids in a cool British accent
24. closing zip-lock bags is not his thing
25. likes his chocolate "unadulterated" (no fruit or mint-flavored chocolate for him)
26. is great at following new recipes
27. likes to analyze the chord structure of hymns WHILE we're singing them in church
28. favorite kind of ice cream is peanut butter chocolate
29. is great at teaching our kids right and wrong in a loving way
30. asks the kids at dinner every night "what did you learn in school/church today?"
31. plays Baroque music to fill the home every Sunday
32. looks at his fingers when he types instead of the screen
33. takes great care of his wife on her birthday and Mother's Day (and every other day!)
34. cooks the family meal every Sunday to give Mom the day off
35. do not crunch your food near him unless he is crunching too
36. loves the babies he watches in the jr. nursery at church!
Happy birthday, Jazz!  We love you!

8 comments:

Angela said...

That was fun to read. Thanks for sharing some silly things about your husband. I think I have finally gotten to know my brother-in-law now that I know he struggles with ziplock bags.

Cynthia Lovell said...

Hey "son," I didn't know you wore contacts. when did this happen? How do you like them? Loved reading all about you! I see you have inherited a few things. ha ha ha Great Post!

Jennifer Lovell said...

LINDSAY said...

Haha...some of those made me laugh. I didn't know that Jazz goes nuts with food crunching too...or maybe I did. I guess I forgot. And man I remember the jokes to keep us from staying angry (or maybe it was teasing to make us angrier?).
Happy Birthday Brother. You got a Facebook message AND a phone message! Pretty special you are!

Unknown said...

Hey Jenna, Your family looks happy. Love them always.
Melinda Matney

Jennifer Lovell said...

ERICJSMOM said...

Thanks for sharing Jazz's 36. That was interesting to read all those likes and not so muches.
Love you guys,
Ann

Jennifer Lovell said...

SAVAGE FAM said...

My heart raced as I checked on facebook to make sure I was one of the ones that remembered!!

I love that Lindsay listed the two things she did!! I used to get so mad at Jazz for making jokes when I was mad, or sad... oh brother, we love you, and knowing I get to see you one more time before you go to the east side makes me happy!!

Love you guys!!
PS I dropped Goldie's hello Kitty sock in the mail today.. sorry I didn't do it months ago!!! Hopefully you still have the mate:)

Elizabeth said...

What a great list! Lists are awesome. I like chocolate peanut butter ice cream too. Yum! And the reading with a British accent is pretty cool.

Happy (belated) Birthday, Jazz!

xo -E

Elizabeth said...

P.S. how do you sing and analyze chord structures?