Monday, March 14, 2011

The Coolest Fire Hydrants Ever

This past year we had a great time seeing these fire hydrant works of art popping up all around our neighborhood.  Aren't they amazing?  I decided I needed pictures of all of them, they are all so unique and entertaining.  So the girls and I picked one afternoon to go exploring, and we believe we've located all but two that we've come across, and have photos of nearly 30 different hydrants.  We had so much stopping every couple of blocks to pose with the different hydrants.  Don't you wish your town's fire hydrants were as cool as ours?

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Those are so fun. I especially like the bubble gum one.

Anonymous said...

Love the shot of _____? atop the hydrant! (can't remember what her nickname is here, and felt too lazy to go looking)

Elizabeth said...

My favorite is the bubble gum machine. At first I thought it was just polka-dots (which I love) but when I clicked in for a closer view, I saw it was painted to look like a gum ball machine. How cute! What a fun way to decorate those hydrants. Your girls (and Tootie) are SO cute!

Growing up, we had a fire hydrant in our front yard. It was just plain red, but what fun memories you brought back of playing on the fire hydrant.

xo -El

Cynthia Lovell said...

The fire hydrants are fun, but not half as CUTE as the KIDS!!!!! Byron's first reaction was "We've got to get up to see those kids!" Missed "Shark"!