Saturday, February 11, 2012

Beauty is More than Physical Appearance

I wanted to share this article with everyone, because it's an issue that's really meaningful for me.  It opened my eyes and really helped me feel better about my health and my self-acceptance. My favorite point was to realize that the "beauty industry" is not motivated to help us feel more beautiful because we NEED beauty help, but because they need to make money! We can't fault them for that, but we can be careful when we consider which products/services to buy into, and we can be more careful about feeling bad about our proposed "flaws"! Beauty is more than physical appearance!  I hope to help others understand this, as I'm growing to understand it myself.  It's all about spreading LOVE, including SELF-LOVE : )!


Beauty ReDefined Article


By the way, the title of the article suggests that it's all about "what men think", but it's really about more than that.   It's about helping break down erroneous notions about "not being enough" in the eyes of others, especially the media.   It's long, but if you have time, hopefully you can be uplifted by it like I was.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It is hard to find the beauty in all of the "flaws" the world says you have.

Satan plays a huge role in this. He doesn't have a body. He will never have a body. So he wasn't us not to love our bodies, which are precious, precious gifts from our Heavenly Father. Learning to love yourself "flaws" and all is a really hard thing.

I clicked on over to the article and started reading it and then remembered that I needed to comment here. You will most likely see a link to this article on my next Wednesday post. Thanks for sharing.

xo -E