Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Un-Birthday, Angela!

Today is my little sister's un-birthday.  So, I thought that makes now a great time to tell you some of the many things I love and admire about her.  : )



I love my sister because she is brilliant, organized, and sooooo smart!  This is a picture of us at our last family reunion, tallying up the guessing jars guess sheets, to see who wins which prize jar.  She made the tally sheets.  She also got all of the planning emails going for the reunion itself, organized all of the meal preparations, helped delegate the different activities so we could have one big giant BLAST from beginning to end of the reunion, and helped us figure out the costs of things so we could all pay a fair share.  She's THE mathematician of the family, and a great book keeper.  I love that she is such a smarty pants, and I look up to her for her planning/event organizing skills.  She's so cool like that.

I love this picture of Angela.  It's of her in the hospital right after she had a baby.  I wasn't there, but I believe she is just enjoying watching her other children enjoy the new baby in the room.  Angela's middle name is Joy (no really, it is).  And I love, love, love how joyful she is.  She really knows how to have fun, feel happy, and make others feel happy around her.

Here she is with her now 1-year-old.  She's naturally a wonderful, loving mother.  She loves motherhood as much as I do.  And her babies are so cute!
Here is Angela with her family so far : ).  I love watching her family grow.  And, I know that any baby that has entered the world via her family is a lucky baby, indeed.  They have a very happy home.  I'm so grateful for that.

Here is Angela and me with our four brothers.  You can see that we have an awesome time together.  We are the best of friends.  I love that Angela and I both have cool naturally curly hair...which became curly only once we were teenagers (and which grows straight while we are pregnant or nursing).  Some people think we look alike, and at times we have been mistaken for one another.  We think that's pretty funny.

This is one of Angela's many "look how great I'm doing with my after-baby weight loss!" pictures.  She is my Weight Watchers hero!  She has a great talent for sticking with her exercise and diet goals, and has done such an awesome job of regaining her pretty figure after each baby was born.  She truly motivates me, and I love looking to her for inspiration.

Angela is a super-mom.  She does the coolest fun crafts and family home evenings with her kids.  I admire any mom who can parent 3 young boys at the same time--that's a lot of energy.  She sets a good example for them by balancing her hobbies and her have-to's (work, exercise, church activity, supporting her husband in school, etc.).  Again, her kids are so very lucky to have her!
Here are a few extra things I love about Angela:
1. She has an awesome amazing smile.  Happy, and gorgeous teeth.  What a fun blessing for all of us because she shares it every day!
2.  She is a great cook.  She makes the world's best chocolate chip cookies.  It doesn't matter which recipe she uses, they always turn out.  She also makes wonderful dinners for her family all the time.  Lucky them!
3. She's really funny.  She has a great sense of humor, and we ALWAYS laugh when we talk with each other.  And I love her laugh.  It makes me feel so happy.
4.  She's devoted to her faith.  She shares the gospel with her children, and lives her religion.  She's a worthy Christian and a faithful member of our Mormon church, and she serves in her callings well.
5. She enjoys the same shows as me--American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance.  It's fun to discuss the season highlights with her, the same way sports fanatics exchange game stats. 
6. She's forgiven me for being a mean older sister when we were growing up.  I'm sorry for always piling stuff on her bed when she didn't like it, and for any of the other mean stuff I did.  I'm so glad that we survived our younger years and have become such great friends now as grownups.

I love you, Angela!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Jenna - Thank you. After the week I just had, this was such a "joy" to read. Kind of funny that I had this as the goal prize and I didn't actually win the challenge. Not sure if that is why you did it, but this was very special for me to read. I'm gonna have to read this every time I may be feeling low or need a boost for whatever. I love having you as my sister. I wish we could live near each other again like we did in Provo, those were great times. Thank you so much for being my friend. I love to talk, laugh and stamp with you. And, I would probably love playing racquetball with you too if we ever could. Love forever from your baby sister.

Melanie said...

This is such a great post. I'm glad that you sisters love each other because I love you too. Both of you have so many talents and strengths. I learn from you. Thank you for being my daughters.

Jennifer Lovell said...

Angela, why I did it was because although you did plant the idea in my head (suggesting it as a prize for the challenge), I thought right away, "I don't care who wins, I want to do that post anyway." I thought the family website might be a good place to do it, but I thought my blog would be even better, 'cause I want some of my friends to read about you too : ).

About playing racquetball with you...hmmm, that's a good thought! I don't know, I do tend to get quite competitive, and I wonder what would happen if you ever accidentally smacked me in the mouth with your racket--I might get mad. Oh, wait, Bryan handled it pretty well when I did that to him, so maybe it would be okay (yikes! Sorry again, Bryan...). We should give it a try sometime. When's the last time you and I ever played each other? Never?

Mom, I'm happy to be your daughter. You're welcome! ; )

Angela said...

I do remember playing you a couple games one time (back in the day when I played often - unlike now). And, I was so proud of myself for getting something like 15 points against you in one game (I think we were going to 21). I was so proud of that. But, I have yet to beat you and I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I don't plan on hitting you in the mouth, so don't do it to me either. Bryan has never been the same.

Beth said...

What a great post! Angela is pretty awesome. I already knew it, but it was nice to read so many of the reasons all together like that. I enjoyed reading your comments too! You are funny guys. ;)