Thursday, December 16, 2010

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

This is where I am and how I am for four of my favorite hours of each week.   Try to imagine me swinging that stringed device at a hundred miles an hour with a little rubber sphere flying up and sideways and around and back (look out!) for much of those four hours.  "Does it hurt to get hit by a racquetball?" an innocent beginner once asked.  Well...better a racquetball than a racquet, BUT, let's just say, more than one of us have actually seen stars on these courts, ha ha!  All of these players are members of the church, and all but 4 of us are full-time missionaries, as this is the early morning gathering place on "preparation day" for the missionaries.  I get to play every Monday and Wednesday, with Wednesday being with a much smaller group--just 3 of us (me and two other friends who are not part of this group).  It's a great workout, and LOTS of fun--lots of jokes, kidding around, and laughing at our mistakes.  Can you tell I love it?


I love clouds.  And I like photography. Did you know?  I like to try to be a cool photographer of anything that makes me smile.  These clouds made me stop and stare for awhile, so I wanted to share.


My one solo gig this season : ).  Jazz is on the piano you can't see, and together we provided some background music at the community Créche event for about 30 minutes.  I like getting to show off my favorite Christmas songs.

Nature photographer me again...this time capturing a shot on my way home from racquetball (happened to have my camera with me that day) of the cutest tiny snail ever.  I had to put a leaf there so you could see how small it was.  Of course I wouldn't want to catch it and take it home for a pet (don't slime me!), but isn't this the cutest?

This picture has to go in my "Evidence" file.  One thing I love about living with children is finding unexpected evidence all over the house of their existence (aside from the miniature shoes, messes, diaper station, etc.).  This was a funny moment for me--I had just finished washing all the dishes by hand (no dishwasher here), and when I drained the sink, there it was--evidence of our children.  Who would ever expect to find a lion in the sink at the end of the day?  It made me laugh.

This was one of my favorite Christmas cards that we created at my stamp camp last month.  My own design.  I used a reverse-image technique for making the trees reflect in the snow, and a masking technique with a brayer to color the sky.  


















I am so grateful for all of my favorite things that bless my life!             





4 comments:

Ellis said...

"Cute" is not a word I use in relation to snails very often, but that one I would have to agree.

This was really fun to see some of your favorite things.

Cynthia Lovell said...

Love your posts! Looks like you have a pretty full life! We're excited for you to come down!!!

blogster said...

I like your idea of "evidence" pictures! These were all great and I enjoyed getting to see some of your favorite things!

Elizabeth said...

Oh. Those are all lovely favorites. Or, I should probably say 'Lovelly.' That card with the trees is really amazing. The clouds were beautiful and I'm glad you enjoy racquetball so much. About the snail. No, I do not think it is cute. Do you know how much destruction those 'little' critters can cause in a garden? They ate some of my very favorite plants to the ground this last summer and killed them off. I'm a little disgruntled. But I do have to admit that the tiny ones are kinda cute.

xo -El